Download === https://geags.com/2t8erI
The oldest traces of a settlement in the area are individual neolithic artifacts which were found scattered around the municipality. Hallstatt tombs and a Roman era settlement provide evidence of further inhabitants. By the High Middle Ages the village and surround farmland was owned by a local noble. In the 13th century the estate was divided in half, each with its own village, church and castle. Obergurzelen had a church, a fortified tower and a village. Obergurzelen's tower appears in historical records from 1254 until 1353. Niedergurzelen had another church and a castle, known as the Gesäss, which was first mentioned in 1338. The two halves passed through several noble families, before being reunited and then divided again, this time into three portions. After passing through several additional owners, in 1542 the ownership stabilized for two and a half centuries. The von Wattenwyl zu Burgistein family owned two-thirds of the municipality while the city of Bern owned the rest. Over the centuries both the tower and castle fell into ruin and were abandoned. In 1664 the nearby municipality of Seftigen joined the Gurzelen parish. A new church was built in 1710 and the chapel in Obergurzelen was abandoned and demolished. In 1717 the von Graffenried family acquired the Wattenwyl estates, but the two-thirds split remained. Following the 1798 French invasion, and the creation of the Helvetic Republic the old order was abolished and the three sections were united into the municipality of Gurzelen.
Terrain Gurzelen: At the end of 2016, the City of Biel and the Terrain Gurzelen association concluded an interim use agreement; the intention is to use the site until the groundbreaking ceremony. The association benevol takes care of the organisation of the interim use. In 2020, Terrain Gurzelen received the City of Biel's honour for special cultural services. After two years of construction and operation, a positive balance is drawn on the interim use of the former football stadium, which is why it will now be continued indefinitely. Link: -gurzelen.org/ 2b1af7f3a8